A Dermatologist's Favorite Things
As we enter this very special time of year, I thought it might be fun to share a dermatologist version of Oprah’s favorites! And of course, when buying for others, drop one in the Bryan Lifepointe Spa shopping basket for yourself!
- Elta MD Moisturizer is perfect for skin that enjoys the outdoor winter sports, long walks with the dog or a warm and inviting fireplace! This formulation easily “melts” into the skin due to the petroleum base and is great for ALL skin types.
- Dr H Retinol Gold – This Retin A product is a “down step” from the stronger “Retin A” which can be “too much” for the winter months. Maintaining youthful skin is our goal, but even Retinol Gold should be reduced to 3 times a week during this cold and dry season (best when used with the above mentioned moisturizer).
- C.E. Ferulic daytime and Resveratrol night time – These antioxidants products by Skinceuticals are leaders in the industry. Very thorough scientific studies prove the efficacy and stability of their antioxidants. They are not inexpensive but last for 4-6 months and are definitely worth the cost compared to so many others.
- Remember good sunscreen is a total “I love you gift”. In the winter, Elta MD Broad Spectrum UVB Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 sunscreen defends against Mother Nature’s wind and freezing temperatures. When traveling to warmer weather, pack the MD UV Sport SPF 50, which is water resistant and will not irritate the eyes when sweating! Colorescience Sunforgettable (SPF 30 and SPF 50 loose mineral powder sunscreen) is a quick application and fits in your purse or pocket!
- In a class by itself is Celfix DNA Youth Recovery which helps repair the skin cell’s DNA which is continually damaged by our environmental assaults such as sun, pollution, and wind.
These are just a few of my “favorite things” including the opportunity to visit with you (or your loved ones) to choose a scientifically based/personalized skin care program.
We have many wonderful holiday gift packages available, which could include a gift certificate to see me for a skin care consultation!
If you are free on Wednesday, December 3rd, stop in to help us celebrate the 8th Anniversary of Bryan Lifepointe. We are offering free applications of Neotensil (under eye bag recovery) 1-2 p.m. that day and Connie is offering a demonstration of our Dermapen procedure at 3:15pm.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.